It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to use VST plugins?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:53 pm 

Ive searched and read everything i can find on these forums however im still not sure what Im doing wrong in regards to plugins.

I created a folder called VST then downloaded plugin into folder...the went to mixcraft prefernces and clicked effects the clicked edit vst effects
folders then clicked add and added that vst folder.

Not sure how to access plugin after all is done

Im trying to use the fish fillets plugin that I read in a post here...not sure if its VST or not though.
http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.p ... &subItem=5

thanks for any help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:24 am 

Hey Vincent... sounds like you're already half way there... the thing about 'Fishfillets' is that they put their plugins into their own folder so if you've installed them into your VST Folder they will be in what's called a Sub-Folder... so go to Preferences>Effects and click on 'Add' this will open up a 'Browse for folder' option :

scroll down till you see the FishFillets folder and click on it... then click OK to all the boxes till you're back to the main program. Generally Mixcraft will have already put the VST plugins into the list but you may need to restart Mixcraft first... it's worth checking first tho.
Next click on the downward arrow where it says <Select An Effect> and a pop-up list will appear with all your VST plugins in it:

Scroll up till you see your plugins and click on the one you want. Once you've got it .... it will appear in the Effects section of Mixcraft... to bring the plugin up onto the screen click on the 'Edit' button. One other thing to check is that you've clicked on the 'Track Tab' (lower left hand side in Mixcraft) otherwise it will apply the Effect to the whole project!

Hope this helps.... you probably already knew most of it but it might help others having a simalar problem :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:11 am 

I want to thank you for your help

After downloading the plugins I basically didnt know I had to unzip the folders after download...im still learning the computer and didnt realize my error...so I basically downloaded Zip reader and unzipped the folder...doh!

Thanks again.